The Information, Advice & Guidance Service offers free impartial drop-in advice and guidance to all enquirers on accessing education and training opportunities available in the local area. The IAG service organise and manage the successful deliver of Year 10 Work Experience and Year 11 Post-16 applications.
We support and encourage students to achieve their personal and professional learning and career goals and subscribe to make Lifelong Learning an integral part of our activities. We are committed to embedding the Skills for Life agenda and we make our students aware of the Level 2 and Level 3 Entitlement. We also raise awareness of Careers and Post-16 options through Life lessons, the Pastoral programme and assemblies.
The Information, Advice & Guidance Service is based in the library and our service operates to the Guidance Council Code of Principles on impartiality.
An up to date list of Post-16 Open Events is at the bottom of this page.
Top 6 Provider Destinations in 2017
- City College Norwich 53
- Easton & Otley College 13
- Dereham Sixth Form College 13
- Wymondham College 3
- Attleborough Academy Sixth Form 3
- 6th Form/College outside Norfolk 3
Information, advices and guidance services.
We aim to provide support and encouragement to access learning opportunities for students’ personal and professional development in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. On occasions where we are unable to meet a student’s needs we will refer them to an appropriate alternative institution or organisation.
Careers, counselling and financial advice and guidance is offered by appointment and drop in at certain times to any student at Wayland Academy.
Careers advice and guidance is offered on a full range of careers issues including higher education courses, employment prospects, the completion of job/course application forms and the preparation of a curriculum vitae. There are also a number of computer careers guidance programs available for which no appointment is necessary.
A comprehensive range of written information is available on courses held at Colleges and Sixth Forms:
- Full, part-time and higher education prospectuses
- Application forms
- Individual full-time course information
- Individual part-time course information
- Information on Additional Learning Support services
- Contacts for a wide range of education and training establishments.
We can listen to your needs, give advice and guidance on courses and present you with a range of options but we cannot choose the course for you.
We can provide detailed information on all College and Sixth Form courses. Our information is both paper and computer based and in English.
- Help You Choose - for all 14-19 opportunities in Norfolk
- The National Careers Service website has a whole range of job profiles available plus lots of other useful information. There is also a helpline if you want to speak to a Careers Adviser – 0800 100 900.
Futher Education colleges and sixth forms
- All Sixth Forms can be found via Help You Choose
- City College Norwich
- University Technical College Norfolk
- College of West Anglia
- Easton and Otley College
- Dereham Sixth Form College
- Access to Music
Higher education - Universities and Colleges
- UCAS - for details of all Higher Education Institutions, courses available, application process plus much more
- Student Finance
- Norwich University of the Arts
- University of East Anglia
- University Campus Suffolk (Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft)
Information for parents/carers
Careers Advice available at Wayland Academy
- The IAG and Work Experience Co-ordinator is Marianne Foster and she works at Wayland Academy Library every Tuesday. If you would like to speak to Marianne, please pop into the Library on a Friday or contact Mrs Barnett to make an appointment.