You are here


My child is unwell and cannot attend the Academy?

Please telephone the Student Absence Line (01953 881514) before 08.30. When your child returns to the Academy, you must write a letter or sign a note in your child's Student Handbook/Planner explaining the reason for the absence. Your child will be expected to show this to their Progress Tutor on the day they return to the Academy. Please encourage your child to achieve 100% attendance.

My child has lost their Student Handbook/Planner?

Your child should tell their Form Tutor and collect a Student Handbook/Planner sheet from their Progress Tutor. Students are expected to have their Student Handbook/Planner with them at all times! Replacement planners cost £2.00 at Reprographics.

There was an incident on the County coach whilst travelling to the Academy. What do I do?

Please inform us that something has happened but also contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 who are responsible for the coaches.

My child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs. Who do I speak to about it?

Please contact Mr Ricketts (SENCO) or Mrs Blundell (Assistant to the SENCO).

My child has lost something. Who do I contact?

Please encourage your child to look for the item by re-tracing their steps. If they cannot find the item then please remind to check with Student Reception and if still unsuccessful, to go to Lost Property at Reception. In our experience, items that are clearly named are normally returned to the student via notification to their Progress Tutor that the item has been found. It is therefore advised that all your child's uniform and property are clearly named.

My child is being bullied over the internet outside of the Academy. What do I do?

Please inform the Academy although this is not within the jurisdiction of the Academy. We can however, make sure your child is safe at the Academy and inform the PCSO.

My child has forgotten their dinner money. What do they do?

Your child can visit the Catering Manager in the dining hall and borrow £2.30 for the day. We ask politely that should this situation occur, that you ensure the monies borrowed are refunded the following day.

Who do I contact if...

  • Something has happened to my child outside of the Academy that I think the Academy should know about
  • My child has a detention and I would like to know why
  • My child has a red/yellow card but I do not understand why
  • I have received a letter about my child’s attendance and have a query about it
  • I have a query about my child’s behaviour
  • My child is being bullied
  • My child has a broken leg and cannot walk up stairs
  • My child has lost clothing or property in the Academy and has been unsuccessful in following the advice shown above

Please contact the child’s Progress Tutor initial on 01953 881 514, Reception will put you through to the relevant member of staff.