Norfolk Academies holds ultimate responsibility for all decisions regarding the running of the individual academies. Following the previous judgement that Wayland Academy Norfolk was inadequate (July 2017) an Interim Executive Board has been established. This Board will continue into 2019/20 for a period of transition now that the academy has successfully progressed to Requires Improvement.
An Interim Executive Board is a small body appointed on a short-term basis and will continue to support the academy on its journey to Good. An Interim Executive Board replaces the governing body of an academy.
The Interim Executive Board’s main functions are to secure a sound basis for future improvement in the academy and promote high standards of educational achievement through:
- Using documentary evidence to assess whether the academy is moving towards Good;
- Validating where there are gaps and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place to close them rapidly.
- Keeping the academy on a rapid timeframe to become Good within two years with clear actions for improvement to be completed by the next meeting:
- Ensuring there is appropriate monitoring in place to assess the impact of academy actions:
- Judging the capacity to become Good within two years of the Ofsted Inspection that graded Wayland Academy Norfolk as Requires Improvement.
Membership of the Interim Executive Board will consist of the Principal, Deputy Principal, Interim Executive Principal, another Norfolk Academies Principal and an external consultant. The Interim Executive Board will agree the key priorities and key performance indicators within a timescale that secures rapid improvement.
The members of the Wayland Academy Norfolk Interim Executive Board:
- Neil McShane (Interim Executive Principal)
- Glen Allott (Academy Principal WAN)
- Dean Rosembert (Academy Deputy Principal
- Richard Evans (Norfolk Academies Principal)
- Gerry Batty (Educational Consultant)
The Interim Executive Board may be contacted by:
Chair of the Wayland Interim Executive Board
c/o Attleborough Academy Norfolk,
9 Norwich Road
Telephone: 01953 452335
For information relating to Norfolk Academies Annual Reports and Financial Statements, Norfolk Academies Value for Money Statements, Norfolk Academies Funding Agreement and Norfolk Academies Memorandum and Articles of Association please visit the Norfolk Academies website via the link provided below: