We take your privacy extremely seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of visitors to our website. We will always keep your data safe and secure.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller – the organisation that’s responsible for your privacy – is Wayland Academy Norfolk.
The Academy is part of the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) Group and uses Norfolk Educational Services Limited, which is another member of the Group, to undertake certain administrative and support functions on its behalf. The function of marketing and managing this website is undertaken on the Academy’s behalf by Norfolk Educational Services.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways. The table below outlines what we do and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
How we use your name and contact details
To send your updates about your application by email, text and direct email, such as interview dates
To process your application effectively
To send you information by email about Academy events, news and activities
To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
Showing you Wayland Academy adverts as you browse the web
To show you courses and events that may be of interest to you
Information about your phone or laptop and how you use our website
How we use information about your phone or laptop and how you use our website
To improve our website
To give you the best possible experience when using our website on all devices
Sharing your information
We share your data with following organisations as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Organisations in the TEN Group, such as Norfolk Educational Services, who are responsible for different activities delivered by our Academy
- Organisations approved by you, such as social media sites
If you’ve opted-in, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text and direct mail to keep you up to date and share information that may be relevant to you.
How to stop receiving marketing messages
You can stop receiving messages at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe link in any email
- By contacting our marketing team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you do this, we will update your preferences so that you don’t receive any further messages.
Seeing adverts from Wayland Academy online
We use online advertising to keep you up to date on activities at our Academy and help you find courses and events that may be of interest to you.
Like many organisations, we target banners and adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and adverts you see will be based on the information we hold on you, your previous use of services offered by our Academy (e.g. pages you visit our website) or on Wayland Academy banner or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We hold your information for as long as you are a student at our Academy, or as long as it is needed for us to be able to provide our services to you.
You have lots of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your website experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or applying on our website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the ‘help’ section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.