At Wayland Academy we aware of the needs of each individual student and recognise that we have a responsibility to support every student to achieve their potential. Students with Special Educational Needs and those with Disabilities (SEND) are helped to access the National Curriculum through maintream lessons. Some students may need the additional support of our Foundation Learning class, which enables students to progress and develop across various subjects with the support of specialist deliverers. We have high aspirations and a determination to develop independence, recognising that this is the most reliable route to excellent educational progress.
The Special Education Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo) manages SEND throughout the Academy, supported by the Senior Leadership Team and the SEND Governor.
A whole academy approach:
- Early review, identification and assessment
- Student centered planned provision
- Delivery through resources, intervention and support
- Progress that is measured, evaluated and developed
In this context Wayland Academy aims to enable:
- Improved attainment and progress of students with SEND.
- Remove barriers to learning.
- All students to have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Student needs to be identified and assessed.
- A provision for every student that matches their needs.
- An effective working partnership between Academy and parents working towards a common goal.
- The views and wishes of students to be considered so that they feel that they are in control of their choices.
- The Academy to work in partnership with professionals to support students and enable every student to succeed.
- Successful preparation for adulthood and prevention of students from becoming NEET.
- Students with SEND to exceed national Academy attendance figures.
- Collaboration between the Academy and Health and Social Care services to provide support.
The Wayland Academy SENDCo is: Jeremy Ricketts firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact the academy if you have any questions regarding SEND on 01953 881514
Please see below links for advice regarding your child:
Norfolk Local Offer
What is the SEND Local Offer?
We must publish a SEND Local Offer. We must set out in one place information about provision that is available, and expected provision, across:
- Social care
for children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The SEND Local Offer has two main purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about available provision and how to access it
- To make provision responsive to local needs and aspirations. We do this by directly involving children and young people with SEND, their parents, and the professionals who work with them, in the development and review of the SEND Local Offer
Disability Matters https://www.disabilitymatters.org.uk/
Dyslexia Outreach http://www.dyslexiaoutreach.co.uk/
Autism Anglia https://www.autism-anglia.org.uk/
Norfolk SEND Partnership https://www.norfolksendpartnershipiass.org.uk/